Full day workshop. Tuesday 8 August 2017, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
You've made it, you are now working in UX and enjoying the work. But you want to grow and move up in your career, but have no defined path.
In this workshop, Mags Hanley and George Cockerill provide a blueprint for developing UX Professionals focusing on three groups of skills; Deepening technical skills, working with people, and business nous.
Each participant will develop their vision for their UX career, understanding where they are in their UX journey. They will create an actionable plan that will help them move into more senior roles in UX, including training, mentoring and coaching, and identifying projects to practice and strengthen skills.
What you'll learn
- How to pin-point your current skills and experience on a continuum of UX roles to enable you to map out a personal UX career development path.
- The specific skills, methodologies, approaches and mindset that mark out a senior UXD from mid/junior and that allow them to add unique value to clients and organisations.
- The people skills necessary to work at a senior level with stakeholders, collaborate effectively and self-direct, prioritise and focus your own UX work.
- Understand the role that a senior UXD plays in uncovering and refining business objectives from given requirements and business needs.
- How different technical skills deepen at a senior level and identify which particular skills will be most appropriate for you to strengthen and develop.
What you'll take away
- A completed workbook that includes a draft of your personal UX career development plan
- A PDF of the workshop presentation slides
User Experience professionals looking for a way to plan their next steps.